1-Methoxy-2-propyl acetate also known as Propylene glycol methyl ether acetate is a colorless liquid with a sweet ether-like odor. Propylene glycol methyl ether acetate (PGMEA, 1-methoxy-2-propanol acetate) is a P-type glycol ether used in inks, coatings, and cleaners. It is sold by Dow Chemical under the name Dowanol PMA and by Shell Chemical under the name methyl proxitol acetate.
- Molar mass
- 132.159 g/mol
- CAS Number
- 0.969 g/cm3 at 25 °C (77 °F) – lit.
- ≥99.5% (ReagentPlus)
- Melting point/freezing point
- -66°C (-87°F) at 1,013hPa (760mmHg)
- Initial boiling point and boiling range
- 145 – 146°C (293 – 295°F) – lit.
- Flash point
- 45.5°C (113.9°F) – closed cup
- Vapour pressure
- 3.59hPa (2.69mmHg) at 20°C (68°F) – OECD Test Guideline 104
- Water solubility
- 198 g/l at 20°C (68°F)
- Auto-ignition temperature
- 333 °C (631 °F) at 1,013 hPa (760 mmHg)
- 1.13 mm2/s at 25 °C (77 °F)
There are no reviews yet.